Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sassy update :)

Happy Thursday everyone!   
Temps still quite cold here...and snow and ice is EVERYWHERE!! So,  yesterday and today Sassy and I did clicker training in her stall as well as the cross ties.  With the clicker....we are learning to "bow"....and yesterday she had her head passed her ears between her legs. Then did refreshers on sending to the target, step,smile....and 'giggle'...with the giggle she totally wiggles both set of lips...almost sideways...LLOLL
One of my mini month goals for us is to convince Sassy  that it is a fabulous idea for us to just have to point at the leg we would like raised  and she will "lift" ......status of that right now is if the leg is lightly touched...lifts like a champ!!!
 I also introduced two of the Equi-spirit toys. I am glad to report  they are AWSOME!!!! Im excited to get to use the other balls and the parachute once the weather breaks . Im my opinion the small ball is MUCH better quality than the Stacy Westfall ball...I havent blown up the bigger ones yet.   She smacked the smiley ball some...but it is the catch ball she was totally enthralled with! Isnt it so cool how individual our curlies are in their likes and dislikes...from their food to their toys??!!!   These are some Picts and Video of her after I turned her out yesterday....Im thinking she was loving "recess"....LLOLL.  I  so love this curly creature <3


3 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that she knew you were taping her and was hamming it up! You've given me more ideas to teach my horses, like lifting the leg, et cetera. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Krissy! Sassy is breathtaking! The curls and color really go well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy lovely mare! She is beautiful! I just got my neat little green clicker frog out ... will do something like that tomorrow with Arya!

    ReplyDelete