Sunday, January 9, 2011

Curlies on RFDTV and radio program

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words of encouragment! You don't know how much that means to me!!! I forgot to say in my earlier post, that you will be able to watch the show and listen to the radio program right from Rick Lamb's website : http://www.thehorseshow.com When they get the show ready to air, it will also be on there. I am the same as you Adria - we have been without "cable" tv since 1994, so I didn't even know what The Horse Show was until I checked out his website (and my mom recorded some episodes for me too). And you are right Shelly - it WAS a lot of work! I don't know how you all do it all the time - keeping the horses ready for shows / traveling / schooling......but - I LOVED it!!! And maybe I will get to do more promoting this year - that would be so fun! Marion, I am so glad you love our babies - you are doing an awesome job with them and your other Curlies too! I have to tell you, that one of the questions Rick asked me out of the blue, was if it was hard to let them go when it was time to sell them - tears flooded involuntarily to my eyes, and I almost could not answer! Pictures of Mallie, SiouxZ, Freedom, and others flashed in my mind, and it took me a second to be able to talk again. I was really suprised at how personal he got, and how quickly he could go there, and I was NOT prepared for that question!
I love showing off these horses - though I am not competitive at all. And Denise, Charles wants to know if it is too late to join RAC? lol I told him it was, but I think all this has really stirred a fire in him! We also went to the Michael Richardson Benefit in Ft. Worth today (and yes - before I even got in the door, I was telling someone about Curlies).......but it was a day of raising funds for a local trainer that has lost the use of his legs - and several big names were there - Pat and Linda Parelli, Chris Cox, Craig Cameron, Rick Lamb......and more! Pat's student (oh, I can't remember her name) that is also in a wheelchair / has no use of her legs was also there - she has won gold and silver medals in dressage, and she was AMAZING to watch on the ground and in saddle!!! I don't think there was a dry eye in the house as we gave a standing ovation as she rode by. I couldn't help but think of what a great place a Curly could have in some of these folks' lives.......I am just itching to keep sharing!
For the love of the Curly!

5 comments:

  1. That's great Barbara that the show will be available online!

    Wow...what a question to have him ask you. That's got to be one of the hardest parts of being a breeder. But it's also kind of neat that he asked such an an insightful question.

    Sounds like a really amazing benefit! I've seen the Parelli student you're talking about in some of the shows on TV and she does look amazing--not just her talent but her energy and her attitude. The Parellis know about Curlies and I think they even own one. I know sage and I did a clinic with Susan Nelson a long time ago, and that 2 other Curlies have been at Susan's clinics too. She's a 3 or 4 star Parelli instructor now.

    As for the other big names, it's so neat that Rick Lamb is helping to get Curlies more into the general public's awareness! And I agree with you that Curlies could have an amazing spot in some of those people's lives. Curlies are very, very special.

    Sounds like you're working hard to promote them. Again I have to say thank you.

    Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara!!! This is completely AWSOME!!!!!! Upon reading that he had inquired how hard it was to let them go...I subscribed to thehorseshow!!!!!! It is the souls inside the curls that draw me to this breed!! Keep up the CurlyRiffic work and I for one ...am quite thankful for your love of Curlies <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats! You did an awesome job! Yes, we love to show them because we know that they are special ... they might not be the best in all disciplines, but they always catch the attention of professionals ... my trainer did not know Curlies before, but she simply loves their braveness and their willingness to serve ...they might not always be classically perfect regarding confirmation, but their disposition just heals a lot ... even a too short neck lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great exposure for the curlies! Thank you so much for what I am sure was a lot of hard work - I can't imagine preparing for something like that. The babies (big now) say Hi and I will be posting pics soon. We appreciate all you are doing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara,
    I love it....thank you for promoting our wonderful Curlies...I won't miss this for the world.
    Best wishes, neighbor.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete