Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quiet Day

No pictures for me today...I did take a couple of Owen trying to pet Linus but they didn't turn out very well. We still haven't been back out on the road yet because of the conditions...I really don't want to be out on it until drivers will feel safe moving over. It does take that long for our side roads to be safe!! Small price to pay for having little traffic.
I drove the tractor around Linus' smaller pasture to break up any ice that might be lurking under the fresh layer of snow. It worked pretty well and I was able to turn him out for a while today while I did chores. We worked again on respecting my space while leading. He was pretty excited because Owen was around and because they dogs were trying to play too. But, the reminders were a bit more aggressive from me today for the above reasons and he soon settled in and we had a very good session. Actually we had a backwards to normal session because I groomed him after rather than before. He successfully stole my glove, the glove I keep my phone in when its in my pocket (never know what you might find inside my barn coat pocket) and his brush. He really enjoyed having his tail brushed out today too. He had his head stretched out and lip curled up. I have to try to get a good picture of it because there are so many different colours in his tail. Its getting really long and thick too.
I am hoping by the weekend to either have the saddle on him again or else take him out on the road for a ground drive. My Dad seems to be getting anxious to hitch him to the buggy again so maybe Sunday will be nice enough for that.
I haven't been commenting much on posts but I am reading them every day...have to just to keep up!! We're off to such a great year this year! hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Donna!! That's awesome how you figured a way to help with the ice in the pasture. Nice that Linus got to stretch his legs a bit. =] IT's been bitter cold here too..!! Good for you for getting out and spending time with your precious boy...even if he needs a firmer hand now and then. lol. (I know that drill! ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea about driving the tractor around to break up the ice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like that idea too! My boots are getting a work out just keeping the water tough's icy water broken up. Think tomorrow I will take my golf driver out with me...never use it anyway{:>

    ReplyDelete