Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jumpy

Today I took Voelie out again and we did our basic routine of walking around the grounds. Then I took her out onto the road for the first time (just a couple of meters and I checked that there were no cars coming:) Everything new was scary to her today and she was quite jumpy. We stood in the driveway to watch some cars pass and she tried to run, she'll need some more getting used to cars before we can really walk any further! It was a good practice and she found out that I was not going to let her run away and that it was best to be calm and listen. We did lots of stops and walking backwards. This seems to get her to calm down.
The owner of the land was placing a new gate as an entrance to the field and it is really narrow! Not really my choice but it will be a good practice for tomorrow to try and get Voelie out of the field through this narrow fence:)
I was hoping to find some other horse owners ther today so I could ask someone to take a picture while I was walking with Voelie but latetely with the cold and wet weather people don't come out as often. I decided to take some pictures of Voelie in the field instead.

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Voelie is soooo cute!! And, those auto monsters are scary at first. :o) Diamond had the opposite reaction though -- she tried to run when she first saw them too, but she tried to CHASE them. It was weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting to see so many curls on her with green grass in the background. =] She is DARLING..such a sweet, sweet face! You did great keeping her focused and busy on a job and listening to you. A great first step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is she cute! Congrates Jessica, she looks awesome and so intelligent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so cute I like the look on her face too ;-)
    You did good again today! Voelie will be well prepared when the time is right to saddle her.


    www.hiddencaveanch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a real cutie - how old is she?
    Shelly
    www.curlystandardplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cutie BUT, even more curly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody! I of course think she's really cute too!
    Shelly, she's 9 months old now (april 19th 2010).
    Denise, last summer her coat was wavy/ curly all the time, I really hope it stays that way next summer too, I love her curls!
    Amber, Voelie thinks the cars are to big to chase but what she does all the time is chasing rabbits that run through the field:)

    ReplyDelete