Friday, January 14, 2011

A Close Call

I apologize for any confusion caused by the title, "A Close Call."  I had wanted to include some information on how my filly Lacey slipped on the slick ice up here.  She went down.  She did not hurt herself. There was not even any pulled muscles.  So she was very fortunate. She had gotten the notion to tease an old mare named Rya Rain because this same mare was carefully picking her way across some of the slick ice. Lacey learned exactly why Rya Rain was being so careful. But for a second my heart was in my throat as I watched Lacey slide and then fall.  However, I noticed that Lacey has never tried this way of teasing Rya Rain again.  So, all is well that ends well.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am happy everything went well, Penny. Our horses are so vulnarable. So good nothing happened!

    ReplyDelete