Thursday, January 20, 2011

: )

Linus and I have had a slow couple of weeks for a few different reasons but things are picking back up again for us now! Before I get into that though I want to congratulate not only the 2010 RAC champions but everyone who participated. It was such a blast. Really looking forward to 2011!
Linus and I have still really been concentrating a lot on ground manners and respect. The recent weather has prevented us from doing as much as we would have liked. We've had temperature differences of 30 degrees from one day to the next!
Today though we were able to spend a few hours together. I put Linus out for a run while I fed the cows and cleaned out the barn. I love how even when he is out for a play he still meets me at the gate ready to go! I brought him back up to the barn and tied him to the gates to groom him. Then I saddled him, this has become such a non-event for him. Then I put him back into his pen to investigate a set of 2 steps I forgot we had in the garage. It makes a Perfect mounting block. The pictures loaded backwards but he gave them a very thorough going over. Then I climbed up them and rubbed his neck and quarters and leaned over the saddle. This also is becoming as much of a non-event as the saddle! By the time he is ready for his first ride it will be no big deal for him - that's my hope anyway!
After our session we went for a walk, still saddled, to get the mail. He met the neighbour's 3 legged dog and tried his darndest to play with our farm dogs but I had a firm hold on that and he soon gave up!
The past few nights we've been doing chores after supper. When this happens Dad and I are both doing them and it gets done a lot faster so we end up waiting on the water tanks to finish filling. While we wait we visit with Linus. Him and my Dad kind of have this game involving Dad's hat. Linus slowly creeps his head over the gates and Dad tells him to leave his hat alone...Linus pretends not to be interested until Dad looks away then off goes the hat! It's so funny to watch. Then he looks at me and tries to suck up and pretends that he wasn't doing anything that might get him into trouble. The expressions that come out are hilarious! In fact, the other night I said to Dad that we are really friggin lucky that Linus cannot talk - he would be such a smartass!



Investigating


Trotting up to see what we're going to do today


Thinks he can be a front door guest!

Lunenburg, Ontario, Canada

4 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, that hat story is amazing! I can picture it now. Linus is just too full of personality and smarts! He is going to love it when you two can finally roam all over the countryside investigating. Is that a halter/bridle combo that you have on him in that last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He must be a pleasure to train with a personality like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I'm glad it sounds funny...its so hard to do the act justice in telling it because it is truly hilarious to be a part of..Linus is wearing his Bitless bridle in that picture. I use it for his driving and riding training. I love it so far and if he keeps doing so well in it I'm not planning on using a bit with him at all.
    Yes Janeen, he is an absolute treat to train. Oodles of personality!!

    ReplyDelete