Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy, Busy Day

And I'm worn out!

I started the day out by trimming Emmy.  She has great feet but, man they're tough to trim!  I rode her after that and she was great.  We spent nearly 15 minutes trotting which is a huge thing for us.  She wasn't breathing hard despite it being over 50 degrees today.  Not bad!  No pics of me and Emmy.  I left the camera in the car.


I took Emmy back down to the little barn and brought Chrystal back up.  She learned more about cross ties today and commotion.  I longed her a bit then put the surcingle on her to start ground driving.  She hasn't had her wolf teeth out so I just used a halter.  She did very, very well.  The chain was hanging loose from when I was longeing her, not attached while driving. 




Then I brought Sailor up to play with.  I longed him for a bit. 


I couldn't stand it so I got on him again.  He also needs his teeth done so while I did work him with a bit, I didn't ride with one.  He did just fine without one so I might get him a Dr. Cook's bitless bridle.  He was also a very, very good boy.  We did even trot a little bit!

8 comments:

  1. Carrie - I loved all the pictures! The horses all look so happy and healthy. You look so happy to be on there - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carrie! It's so neat to see the horses that were here in action! Salior is HUGE! I haven't seen pictures of him since he was a baby. They both look like they're doing really well :). BTW, I find it SO cute that you have such tall horses and a really short little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so crazy to see pics of Emmy...I swear it's REESE! =] (that is her in the first pic, right?) Sailor is an incredible animal, WOW!! What a boy! And Chrystal is HUGE...she towers of you. You have such a great herd there, Carrie. You are doing awesome with them and seem so happy. They look happy too! I agree with Anastasia...I chuckled seeing the dog compared to the horses too! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and it looks like a nice indoor riding arena too! The horses look lovely and indead quite tall. How tall are they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am so jealous of your indoor arena *lol* I love your horses they look so pretty like the dark color.
    Which dentist do you use? I had one from Bowling Green he was awesome
    ! It’s hard to find a good farrier and a good equine dentist but he was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I know these days. You did awesome! Very nice pictures and a great job done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emmy reminds me so much of Black Shawnee - big black mare! What is her breeding?
    Adena

    ReplyDelete