Sunday, January 30, 2011


To mix things up a bit my mom and I decided yesterday on our ride that I would come over to the farm today to have some fun in the sleigh with Nimue. After getting all my cleaning and laundry done at home I bundled up my 7yo son and we headed over to Yaya's house(Yaya is Greek for grandmother and what he calls my mom.) He loves going for cart or sleigh rides with Nimue and has been a part of many of our cart adventures. For those of you who were part of the RAC 2010 he went over Hawk's Mountain with us and he was also part of the Christmas Eve cart ride. For those interested in seeing the video or any others of Nimue check out her page on the website. http://www.vermontel.net/~top/nimue.htm

Nimue of course was ready to go but we needed to make a few last minute adjustments to the harness. We had to do a quick change to the harness to make if work for the sleigh shafts rather than the cart shafts. Nimue must be taking lessons from her pasture mate Keri because she stood like a perfect lady while we finished hooking up.

Once we finished up with hooking her up it was time for the seat and then off she went.





Yaya first just to be sure and of course Nimue was perfect. Next comes Yaya and Dominic heading off to have some fun.















Next thing I now I look down the driveway and see the heading onto the road for a fun little trot.


Watching them go off together brings back memories of when I just a little older then Dominic and going on rides in this same sleigh(it had the red sides then). It is great to be able to share the experience with my little guy. He seems to really enjoy being a part of it, just loves Nimue and the adventures we take together. He ended his day with a special treat that I will let my mom blog about as she has the pictures of that. When we were all done and heading back to our little home over the hill he was already making plans to go back to Yaya's next weekend so we could go again but even further. Much like his Yaya and mom he is already thinking about how we can make our trips longer and faster. He is always ready for the next fun adventure.

8 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! I would love to be able to go sledding!So far we have not had enough snow just COLD and WIND! So I will live vicareously through you! Thanks for sharing.
    Ellen Cheyenne, wy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun and brings up Christmas memories! That's wonderful to have childhood memories like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Zoe! Takes me way back to my Dad taking me for a sleigh ride with the buckskin QH we used to have. So cool that in a little while I will be able to take him for a sleigh ride with Linus!! Hadn't thought of it that way until now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Zoe, what a great outing....thanks for sharing.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your mothers post and love the film of your son driving all by himself in the end. It looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe, I am so glad you are posting! You take some great pictures. Made me feel like I was right there with you, thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoe how practically is this ?! Wonderful pictures, wonderful report. Full stop.

    ReplyDelete