Monday, January 31, 2011
Amiable and Earnest
Just look at this cute face! Who could resist it? Not me, that’s for sure. I am amazed sometimes at how much I love this guy. We have certainly had our trials over the years, and that makes our renewed relationship this winter all the more sweet. Usually the words I use to describe my guy start with F. Now listen, before your imagination runs away with you, I was thinking Fresh and Frisky and Forward. But on Saturday, AhD was Amiable and Earnest. He had such a willing and sweet attitude! We puttered around, keeping the trails open, looking at the scenery, while the dogs followed us and sniffed about.
of some of my favorite spots. We are supposed to get another foot of snow on Wednesday, so that may end my backwoods trail riding for awhile.
Didder was so easygoing! Not the usual challenge. He gave me a nice canter in the deep snow.
He has his gorgeous March mane in January this year, but he has rubbed the hair off the base of his tail right down to nothing. Such is the state of the Curly coat! You take it and enjoy it while it is there ~ no use crying over spilt milk.
Here he is, patiently awaiting on me to open the barn door and let him in for a drink. I missed a good photo op of he and Grace (boss Lab in the background here) drinking out of the water trough together. It warms my heart the way He and Grace get along so well now.
Evening is falling early, but we have so much more light than we did in December, we can easily fit in some really decent rides. Now, for some company....I am missing my youngest, who is still recovering from his ruptured spleen. A few more months and he will be back with me, but for now I am working on some winter riding with anyone willing to ride our Haflinger. Wish me luck!
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- Amiable and Earnest
- Ok, finally found a computer that I was able to...
- Hoof Bridge and Western Trail Shows with Chester i...
- A little change for the Queen of Carts
- Spent a fabulous weekend out at the ranch riding. ...
- Extreme Cowboy Race
- To mix things up a bit my mom and I decided yeste...
- Good day!
- Back in the Bush!
- Not as good as yesterday
- Still too Cold
- Yesterday's lesson
- Deep Snow makes Tough Trails !
- Building trust and leadership...
- Grits and baby - the new BLM curly girl
- Moon and Murray
- First Post of 2011
- The Best Day
- Tygs is home!
- New things
- Did I get a new horse??? ; )
- My day "off"
- Extended trot :)
- Training and Fun
- Pictures of Kaycee and Seal
- Hello everyone, I just had to share Tonic's enlig...
- Havent been mutch blogging lately
- An introduction to my non-curled curlies...
- Ground Driving - finally!
- Something New
- Sunday's Glorious Ride!
- Still Cold, Still Riding
- Back Again
- What a good boy he is :)
- *Joe's Journey continues.....
- Curly promotion
- Time for Moon
- My mum wasen't the only one that went!
- Linus is a true Canadian
- Every day is a new day eh?
- Let me start by saying that for those of...
- When we finished in the arena, we went for a trai...
- I decided to try my hand at some balancing e...
- Join Susan and Didder in the Deep Maine Snow!
- More Good from Imagine a Horse
- Another Snow Day in New Hampshire
- : )
- A Real Surprise!
- 3 more days!!
- Back inside
- Pedestal training
- Oh it was ... slow
- Two weeks till I compete in the Extreme Cowboy Rac...
- Moose (Jackson) time
- A ride with my brother :)
- TOMORROW ... will be the day ...
- New girl in the herd - Jubliee's Golden Stetson's ...
- Sunday's Cold Ride to the Top with views
- The weather breaks at last
- *Flame On :)
- My Birthday Ride
- Received my RAC/Curly Horse Country Apparel
- Night and Day?
- A Brisk Late Afternoon Ride in Maine
- Saturday Snow Galumphing
- Don't try this at home! LOL
- Busy, Busy Day
- It takes two to tango
- 65 Degrees and Lots of Energy!
- Winter pictures in Norway
- A four horse day!
- Map of 2011 RAC Team
- A Close Call
- A close Call
- Sassy update :)
- Cold Season
- My Curly Mule is an Appy now
- Snowny Curls in Texas
- Murray, Murray, Murray ...
- A "Girls Only" Ride
- Learning to be brave
- Quiet Day
- Yodie's First Ride Since September
- Back in the saddle
- Target Training
- Joe - January 10, 2011
- Horsin' Around - Jan. 9th Edition!
- Ashley & Teke
- Rain, Rain, Go Away
- Curlies and the Chiropractor Sunday
- Curlies on RFDTV and radio program
- *Joe's Journey
- First ride of the year
- Sunny Winter day
- ▼ January (159)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)