Monday, January 10, 2011

Back in the saddle

Although I am still bruised and a bit sore I really wanted to ride today.
The weather forecast was not so good. But after feeding, watering and cleaning it was still dry but very cold and windy. I decided to take Spirit, my baby from the Netherlands, ride him and pony Freedom since they are best friends.
When he was doing ok I can switch and ride Freedom and pony Spirit I figured out.
Spirit was as usual in a very good mood and excited we where finally gonna ride again. He loves to go on a trail.
Freedom however…..nahhh I don’t wanna go……But he had no choice. I saddled both horses and Spirit looked over Freedom telling me..I will teach him how it works don’t you worry mommy.


And of we went. Spirit was happy and snoring and breezing but I had to drag Freedom with us.



He just don’t have a go on him. After a couple of miles he trotted a bit, but I was not convinced enough he was good to ride. Also my toes where freezing of so after about an 1.5 I went back. We had a nice ride though.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got out there and had a good time Marion! Maybe Freedom just got up on the wrong side of the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Marion!!!! Fantastic to see your post, remounted on a horse!! Always nice to have a steady eddie around (or one you know really well) to rebuild your confidence. Looks like Freedom learned a thing or two in your ride while being ponied. It is such a 3 year old thing...sort of like Carrie's post earlier about Simon says....I don't wanna! Keep up the GREAT work and awesome leadership...you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Marion! Maybe ponying is just what Freedom really needs for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to ride today. :) And what a brilliant idea to PONY Mr. Freedom, so he had to do some work, but you weren't putting yourself in danger. :) And so wonderful that Spirit is on your side and helping to teach him some manners. Sounds like he's still learning that he has a job to do and he doesn't always get to decide when he's going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you riding again, and still training Freedom! How great that you brought your horse from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marion,
    I'm so proud of you, for getting back in the saddle. Mr Freedom has great teachers with you and Spirit.
    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Marion Go :) Wonderful. I simply love the pics, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Marion! Ponying is a genius thing...I use it all the time with my green gelding. It is nice to be able to kill two birds with one stone :) I also agree about the weather not always being cooperative. Riding in the cold and wind fan be a challenge at times. Riding a hour and a half is pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete