Sunday, April 10, 2011

An 80's Kind of Guy




Well, I told Donna the reason why AhD has a broom tail is because he is an 80's Kind of Guy and wanted a mullet, so I thought since he has TWO opportunities for hairdo's on his body, he might like to have an afro as well. BTW, ears are only back to fit the wig; he LOVED the attention. ;) Ok, I realize this is a too big of a stretch for the "costume" part of the contest, but we thought it was fun. Simple, I know, but if the shoe fits...

On to the the umbrella. Unlike Linus and Tygs, this was a stressful one for AhD. He did NOT like it over his head or back. I spent 20 mins with him on this, and I'm going to do it several more times. AhD is very sensitive, and notices EVERY change in his environment, and with the umbrella, he acted like he acts when there is something new on the trail that puts him on Full Alert. We spent quite a bit of that time with the umbrella 1) poking in his nostril (his choice, not mine! or 2) in his lips (again, his choice, not mine). He is very oral as well as being sensitive, and loves to check things out with his mouth. (He loves the equine dentist!)
Then on to the decoy. This is a been-there, done-that kind of thing. He has been seeing these things flying around in the air for years, sometimes accompanied by starter pistols and foolishly excited dogs. I threw it all around, and he could not understand the point of it. He kept hoping it was food. "Woman, if you think I am going to fetch it, you can forget it." ~Susan and Didder in Maine~

2 comments:

  1. The hairdo is hillarious! So funny! I love his expression on the picture with the decoy! Funny how some things can be so normal to a horse and others are quite exiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairdo is hilarious! I took a doubletake! We've got another horse like Didder when it comes to the umbrella or just about anything new, and it's always a challenge, so I know what you mean. Tygs has been very refreshing to work with. Looks like you accomplished it though! Good job!

    ReplyDelete