Monday, April 25, 2011

Horsin' around

I have a friend with a horse playground, as she calls it and we went for a visit today. I knew she had a few of the obstacles that I don't have. Alot of these don't count for the challenge, but I thought it would be interesting to have Tygs do them. First, there was the hoola hoop. As I suspected, Tygs didn't care.







The pictures loaded reverse of what I wanted, but these are tires filled with sand that Tygs figured out I wanted him to get on top of and did fine with that.

















Next was the tilt bridge, which I had to work at. We did do the regular bridge first so he understood to stand on it, but he still tried to avoid the tilt at first. Once he understood, he was fine.



















Next was a huge hoola hoop, which wasn't a problem.










Next was a huge tarp covered ring. I thought he would have a problem with it at first, but he didn't at all to my surprise.













Next was the car wash, or at her house, it's the cowboy curtain. Tygs initially had to think about it, but once he went through, he did it numerous times.







And last, but not least were the stepovers. I learned something today about Tygs. On the way over he was an impatient horse in the trailer, moving around, et cetera. He was impatient when we got there, but I've decided that he has the personality that he wants to be challenged, like on these obstacles. We were there an hour and a half working with Tygs and one of our other horses, and the 45 minute ride home was quiet and enjoyable, as far as riding in the truck. Tygs was mentally wore out and didn't move hardly at all. There are still a couple of things I have left to do on the list, but I've really enjoyed this challenge and my husband has to with his horse. Until next time.....Janeen and Tygs in the UP of Michigan

3 comments:

  1. yehh you are doing great too! Look at him going true all the obstacles.

    The tires are cool, lookes difficult ! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that horse playground and I wished I had one of those nearby! Great that you were able to go there with Tygs! He looks great doing all those obstacles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How handy is this playground ?? I am going to make a tarp tunnel.. I have read about this in a LInda Tellington-Jones book (30 years ag0 !!) and it is one of the best things to lead a horse through. Good for Tygs !! Maybe next year - you'll be in the saddle doing these obstacles !!

    ReplyDelete