Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ozzie hits the obstacle trail again


Sunny enough to be outside for obstacle challenges this afternoon.    Ozzie came up again to play and learn.

This is the streamer walk through -- which I changed a bit from last year. I cut strips of shower curtain which I thought would have a bit more weight and make a better
'curtain' of streamers to walk through. It kind of works - but I realized they were too short. Fine for riding, not quite long enough for a little guy like Ozzie.  I added the thin plastic streamers. but this obstacle remains a work in progress.


Ozzie had to wait patiently tied while Zoe and Matisse did their thing and I took photo's









And OYY Arcus climbed up on the big snowbank still behind the indoor to peek in the window. What a clown. He does this while Zoe gives lessons too. He's so nosey -- made me laugh.










Ozzie and I played some ball.












Look how attentive he is waiting for me to toss the ball.  Can you tell I love this fellow !
















Ozzie does not love walking on the tarp -- you can see he's high stepping it. But he likes the arched bridge. It's been my experience that most horses do like this bridge... Keri loves it and always stops at the top to look around. 


Of course we had to practice our raincoat experience.




 I enjoyed the sun today -- those warm rays have been hard to come by these past months.   I am not sure if we are going to be able to do Shelly's birthday ride this coming Saturday with another rainy day headed our way.  We'll try !!  There is a lot of flooding in our area. Zoe and I talked about heading over to the river and doing the floodplains trail - but perhaps not now that we have seen the river by car !

Enjoy ~    Betsy in Vermont

3 comments:

  1. Betsy,
    I just love your OYY Arcus; he has a real curiosity{:> The videos are great and you have such patience with a gentle expectation that it shows in how your Curlies want to please you. Cannot wait to see all your Curlies at the ABCR Convention this July.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I can't wait to meet you too Angie !!! Thank you for the lovely compliments.. yes that Arcus is truly special... he's not only a clown but quite a wise old man too .. for a fellow who is still young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your obstacles look so great! What a great way to work on the obstacles, it looks really good and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete