Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Three Dog Ride to Celebrate Shelly's Birthday

Very cold and windy today Shelly, and I think it will be a three-dog night tonight, but it was a three-dog ride today. We rammed around here and there, following some very familiar trails and veering off for some new sites, too. Usually our three-dog rides include two black and one yellow, but today our third black, Sapphire, joined us. I always thought she wouldn’t follow us because she was scared of AhD , but it turns out she is scared to cross any kind of a fence line, so a little extra coaxing on my part led to one very, very happy dog.

We spent some extra time in the streams.Right here is where AhD jumped the brook last year when he was feeling very athletic. I was thinking that he would have jumped right over these two dogs when I took the picture, and I am amazed at how wide it really is. Maybe we’ll do it again sometime soon for another thrill.

There’s still some good-sized patches of snow in the woods. I dressed warmly because I would have been chilled to the bone otherwise. Typical April in Maine is still pretty raw and windy, but AhD was comfy because he still has most of his winter coat.I let Didder have some sweet fresh new barely-there grass at the end of our ride, and then he shared a drink with Grace. The longer I was in the saddle, the more I enjoyed this ride. By the end, I was feeling mighty fine, with that delicious I-just-rode satisfied feeling. Shelly, I hope you are having a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Great Picts Susan!!! COLD ..WINDY and Rainy here.....I love reading about the adventures you and Prince Didder *and friends* share!!! Curly Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and great that your dogs come along with you! I love the pictures of your dogs too, I'm sure they were also happy after your ride!

    ReplyDelete