Friday, April 8, 2011

Pause

I've put a lot of my work with Linus on pause for a few days so he and Allie could adjust to each other. There is a 60' round pen being delivered today!! Main purpose of that being so we can safely work one horse at a time.
I hit the jackpot in the dollar store yesterday with challenge items and came up with a great, new costume idea. I haven't scrapped my first idea but the second one will in some ways be easier and some ways more challenging. I was out yesterday to pick up a Western saddle for Dad and I picked up an Australian stock saddle for a really good price. I've heard great things about them and might be trying it on a friends horse today. I can't wait to show it to Linus. He seems to accept anything I ask him to as long as he can have a good sniff first. I'm definitely ok with that!
We concreted the cell phone challenge the other night! Dad and I were both out each working with our own horse and his phone rang. He's got a somewhat tinny sounding fiddle tune on his. It was a great test for Allie and she passed with flying colours. Linus not only wasn't bothered by it but preceded to try to get it out of Dad's hand and then out of his pocket once it was put back away again. I think he is helping the other horse overcome some of her fears by being accepting of so many things. Then, of course we have the other hand. And on that hand Mr Linus thinks he no longer has to respect my space. He's got another thing coming! And, he has inherited another trait from his mother....any horse can have attention as long as it's him!
Crossing my fingers that things have been drying up nice and hoping it keeps going that way. The Dollar store even had pool noodles so I have my work cut out for me this weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you with your roundpen coming and I bet you are too! Larry did the same thing with the phone, he was like if you aren't going to answer it then give it to me and I will, hahaha :) I might have to make a trip to the dollar store today to look for 4 more pool noodles. Needing them for that Hulahoop sqeeze thing. I can't wait to see your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna and Dane,
    Aren't our Curlies so smart? I was teaching a rider to open the gate one day while sitting in the saddle with our Stallion Chester and after trying it a few times, he began to nuzzle the chain himself. Kinda seemed like he was saying, "hey I got it...let's move on to something else{:>"
    Donna, Your fella is a quite a looker. Keep us updated on the good work,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hooo... you will love your round pen! So cool that both horses did so well with the cell phone. I need to buy some of those pool noodles...! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you were! You're so lucky to have a round pen! How exciting! Funny how horses keep testing you just when you think you have something taught, like the space thing! I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete