Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Golden Girls says to the Curly Fellas, anything you can do I can do better{:>

Hello Curly Friends,

The Golden Girls were ready to take up Golden Curly fellas on the challenge of the four obstacles; Balls (Big, Small and Collapsible), Boxes (including Cat Litter funny smelling ones, backing through barrels, Caution Police Tape and Blue Raincoats. 

Golden Curls Stetson's Sunshine - Sunnie







Sunnie, a three year old,  has been a member of our herd since the last week of December. She is half brother to our Jubliee's Curly J and has a sweet bright sunshiny personality. 


  Our Beautiful BLM Curly Smooth Coated Mustang, Nevada's Blossom:






 

Copper D's Golden Red, our BLM Curly Red Dun Mare, was less excited about the days activities. I could tell she was uptight and I wasn't sure if it was the wind or the incoming storms. We did fine with the balls, boxes and barrels. She became less comfortable with the caution tape. But, when I asked her to trust me that the raincoat was not going to eat her she broke away from me and jerked the lead rope out of my hand.. Ah, now we can really learn to trust each other. I waited for her calm down and let her run around the arena. I did not chase her - as that is exactly what a predator would do. After about ten minutes, during which she watched me while I just hung out sitting on top of a barre; I walked over to the gate and grabbed some treats. She followed me I could tell she was asking to reconnect. I waited for her to get closer and turned around and put my hand out with a treat. She took it and stood patiently. I placed my hand on the lead rope and rubbed her neck and shoulder and she was fine with this. It was not me she was upset be rather that scary raincoat. I showed it to her again so that we could face her fears together. She was more relaxed the second time. This was a great opportunity to show her I am there with her and she can be sure I will not let anything hurt her. We ended on a very positive note and I feel we are closer for the event.


Angie and her Willing to Trust Golden Curly Girls in Texas

3 comments:

  1. Being a show tune aficionado .. now thanks to you Angie -- I am cursed with this Ethel Merman song running through my head all during chore time !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Ethel had a fabulous voice{:>

    ReplyDelete