Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shelly's Bday Ride ~ Sassy style

Lil wet from the trailer to the arena
Sassy and I hope you had a most CurlyRiffic Birthday Shelly!!!

It has been awhile since I posted....Daughters Prom..... Equine Affaire....Migraine/headache hospital stay *only days I missed working Sassy*...... but Sassy and I havent missed a beat .  I have really been having fun with the desensitization stuff!!!!! *more about that later* 
   POURED rain yesterday but Sassy and I were undetered.  We loaded on the trailer and off we went to a friends arena and enjoyed an afternoon of  Lunge lining ...minus the lunge line .....  Then saddle up time!  Sassy and I have such a good time together and yesterday was no exception.  We worked on transition from trot to canter....circles to her weaker side *her right* .....  figure eights.......and I worked on keeping my hiney more in the saddle during her canter.  I noticed on the I-Kam video that I did well with the trot......but I was more bouncy than I wanted to be during her canter.  Soooooo we  walked....trotted...and CANTERED without my feet in the stirrups to create muscle memory for my core!  Amazing how much your feet do in the riding process.....and HOW glued to the saddle your hiney becomes when the feet are taken out of the equation!!!I was soooo excited when I was able to do it with minimal effort!!!  I even POSTED stirrupless....LLLOLLLL and from that ...Im a bit SORE!!!!  First video is walk...trot...canter ..no stirrups ~ can ya tell Im excited bout that???~~~ LLLOLLL  They all freaked out a bit when I asked for the canter...buttttt IT was SUCH an AWSOME feeling....and Sassy responded immediately when I asked to kick it down a gear....."CLICK" LLLOLLL

Second video below is thru my eyes...I was reinforcing with the clicker when I would make a request and Sassy would make the right decision.....and the excitement you hear from the gallery is when I rounded the corner at a Canter without feet in stirrups and stayed tight in the seat!!!! Then you hear me get excited when I realized....LLLLOLLLL 

I love the Birthday rides.......It really makes me smile to think of all of us, at the same time, hanging out with our Curlies..........




 

               Sassy and Krissy in Ohio
~♥ Then God Created the Curly Horse ....and it was AWSOME ♥ ~



2 comments:

  1. You two are too cute together! Congratulations on your successful ride and the progress you are making riding stirrupless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make a lot of difference when you ride without stirrups! I love your video's and you two look great again!

    ReplyDelete