Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Keri and I tackle a few obstacles

I took advantage of the brief reprieve from rain to take my mare through the obstacles.

You can see from my huge puffy jacket -- there is still a bit of winter clinging on here in Vermont.

This bridge has been part of our training 'package' forever -- and actually many of our lesson riders take their mounts over it. Keri loves the bridge and she can back over it as well. Such a clever girl she can be :) 
Some of the time anyway.




Tarp alley -- blowy today... so that adds a bit more challenge.  Zoe and Elektra are photographers and seems they shot more video than photo's.  Here's the tarp and on to the owl... big yawn :)













Here we are backing through the tarp -- just for something different. and our turn at the teeter-totter. Obviously this obstacle needs an up-date.. it's too easy.


Due to high winds and stormy weather, I have a few obstacles that will need repair.  Keri and I are actually working lately on a new goal. When we get half way decent at our execution -- I'll post some photo's and or video :)   It's a great challenge but not on the list... just a goal of mine for Keri and me.

So -- off I am to seek that elusive spring -- Enjoy ~

Betsy and Keri in Vermont

5 comments:

  1. That is SO cute how Elektra and Keri stepped on the teeter totter to put it down before walking on it!! I wonder if Reese would do that? I love photos but it is so much more fun watching the videos. Thanks for always being such an inspiration Betsy and Zoe..oh and your amazing curlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that video of you two conquering the teeter-totter is great! And I was also very impressed with you backing through the tarp alley. THAT is hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teeter-totter looks a little challenging! When my exams are done I'm going to have to try that with Bijou. Great job, she looks like a pro at it!!! (I also love how she lifted her leg to put it down, so cute)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing some of these before trying them. I'm really looking forward to the tarp alley and barrels too! Great job, you are always so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention that beautiful side pass you did on Keri before the tire obstacle! BEAUTIFUL. =]

    ReplyDelete