Thursday, April 7, 2011

Riding again

Yesterday I had another lesson with Suri. I started out lunging her and here I allready saw a huge improvemEnt. I have never really enjoyed lunging a horse myself and never really used it properly (only letting the horse run around a bit:) But now my lesson started with the lunging and I noticed that the line was more constant and that I could control Suri's speed better, that I was quicker with my reactions and she understood the commands really well. These are all the things we were working on. I got some really nice transitions to trot on the lungeline. I was really enjoying the lungeing for the first time and using it more as a propper training. After the warming up on the lungeline I got on for some riding. I spent the whole lesson working only in walk and it was a great lesson! We worked on straight lines, circles (not falling over the outside shoulder) not cutting the corners. Moving outside with pressure from my leg on the inside. (I hope my explanations make sence, I am not very familiar with the english words for dressage/ traing or riding). Finding her optimal speed in walk where she can finish her steps properly, keeping her relaxed and focussed on me, halt, almost halt, backing up. Transitions in speed in walk and basically the fine tuning of all my aids and her response to them. It was great and Suri and I were really trying very hard and learning a lot. At the end I felt we had worked up to a point were we could try a good transition to trot but because Suri was allready getting tired we deciced to stop because things were going so well! I have another lesson this evening and I am allready looking forward to it. This is giving us a good basis to start and work from.

I had given my camera to the trainer but we only remembered about it after I just gotten off of Suri so here's a picture of me and Suri just after our training!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds wonderful, Jessica! It does make sense and helps me also realize that my lunging with Tygs is getting better too! Good luck this evening!

    ReplyDelete