Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Out and About in Maine




I have not been as active with the April Curly Challenge as I have been in previous years and perhaps will make a last ditch effort near the end, but I have still been out and about in Maine enjoying spring on my handsome Curly boy AhD. Last weekend, we had practice sessions building AhD’s muscles and muscle memory for the fox trot. Because AhD has to think about his feet when he is practicing, he pays less attention to what is going on around him during our solo rides which doesn’t hurt my feelings a bit. We have also spent some time exploring the wet trails in the woods.

The Girls surely do enjoy this time of year. They find their own private pools everywhere. The rushing sound of the overfull streams are music to my ears, and that earthy smell of damp leaves is so relaxing. To top it off ~ NO BUGS YET! :) ~ Susan and Didder ~

5 comments:

  1. Bugs are coming Susan!!! Linus started kicking at them today...man he hates them! Your pictures look like a nice fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Donna and Susan, we are getting the flies already down here in Texas.
    Susan, love your canine friends. Is AhD gaited? I would love to hear more about your muscle memory work as I have a gaited Curly MFT - Cinnamon River and I really have no experience with a gaited horse and he wonders why I am so clueless{:> Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugs came out yesterday here, Donna. :(
    Angie, I was also clueless, so I typed "how to train a gaited horse" into Google to become less clueless once a friend told me that you have to TRAIN many gaited horses to pick it up. They need to learn how to stay in that gait without breaking it and then build up their muscles to be able to hold it and learn to go faster. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Terry, where are you?? :) Angie, tell him he needs to join the RAC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I always enjoy your posts!! Every single one. I love your dogs...they are so dang cute. You always have so much fun with your handsome steed and faithful dogs. =] Keep the posts comin!

    ReplyDelete