Monday, April 25, 2011

Next, Chester and I saddle up for the RAC Obstacles - yeehaw!

Hello everyone,

My Chester is my rock and will be my companion in future ACTHA riding events. While he is a stallion and a proven good, Curly, daddy; he remembers I am a lady and treats me with respect both on the ground and in the saddle. 

So we decided to give the obstacles a try from the saddle. 

First, I admit it was a tad bit confusing for a barrel racing Curly fella to be asked to back through barrels. He kept saying, "But, don't we go around them?"



 The boxes were no big deal and he agreed "you never know when we might find one of these silly looking things on a trail ride".

 The balls were fine too!


As was the silly, crinkly, strange, sounding yellow caution tape.

And, the blue raincoat, well everyone knows we must be prepared for the weather on our trail rides.



 














So, when crossing the snake bridge I tried to remember my two point from English equitation. I was sure Chester would appreciated it but for a second I thought he might try to jump the bridge so back to that deep seat Harley Davidson mode for some smooth, calm, Western riding{:>

Angie and her trusty Curly Stallion, Renegait Chesterfield

5 comments:

  1. woohoo you rock girl!

    I am planning entering ACTA too, with Freedom and Spirit (my non curly Dutch baby :-) )

    love your stallion...how many curlies do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion,
    ACTHA is a great group of folks and the rides should be a lot of fun.
    We currently have eleven Curly friends of which four are BLM Curly Mustangs (this includes our newest girl American Honey who will be coming home on May 13th). Our sweet little Bucky who is still intact and may be sold but a little young to transport. Our latest two Jett and and Sunnie are Curlies who found us{:> (Another reason I do not breed unless upon request.)
    My husband insists I only need one. Would you like another Curly horse?

    I also have a sweet little paint, Allie, who looks just like my first pony (and she was a gift....Oh and we have six boarders in training who think they are Curly horses{:>

    So there always lots to do and hugs to get at Golden Curls Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I might be visiting you soon. I am planning to visit Barbara at Stagcreek, but I have not set a date yet since they and we are too very busy at the farm and B&B. Maybe in Sept at the ICHO event?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chester looks great and so calm with all the obstacles! Great pictures of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, Chester looks like he is ASLEEP, for goodness sake! I bet he will be awesome for ACTHA. That is something I would like to do, too.

    ReplyDelete