Friday, April 8, 2011

Helping Hand



The mud is finally not as soupy as it was at the begining of the week and to top it all off it is suppose to hit 70 today, ok you know you always have to take the good with the bad, heres the bad part, RAIN the rest of the weekend into next week :( Lastnight we took Larry and Marley out just with halters and leads and did a few more challenges with them while we still had daylight. My youngest son (he is 2) knows that Larry is his horse so he had helped me do a few challenges lastnight. I was lucky enough to get a few of them on camera to share with all of you. The one that I wish we could have gotten was where he threw the ball at Larry and told him to go get it!! Oh man that just had me rolling. I borrowed one of the small bouncy balls from my kids to throw in the air, roll on the ground and hit the horses legs and rub all over. I am going to have to find a bigger one that we could kick around next time I go to the store. The small flags I had a hard time finding and I just wanted to let my fellow Curly friends I couldn't find them at the dollar store but I did find them at Menards and they where only like $1.25 for a 4 pk of flags. I had my cell phone in my jacket pocket and the ringer turned as loud as I could get it and my husband called it a few times. They both looked at it and then where like are you going to answer it already? Now that we accomplished these obstacles on the ground I am hoping I will have time this weekend to be able to ride through them and maybe add a few more. Our whole family had acctually gotten into this mini contest and it has been alot of fun to see us all working together with our horses. Oh and Larry's saddle came in also and I am hoping that we can go pick it up this weekend, I am so excited!!! This is my very first new saddle, I usually buy used, but I couldn't find a used one for the size that we needed. Have fun playing with your Curly Friends!!!


Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

4 comments:

  1. Dana,
    Larry is a handsome one. I, too, have been making the rounds looking for things to make working with the obstacles fun....our Curlies really seem to enjoy this challenge. I say, they are a thinking horse{:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is ADORABLE! How cute to have such a good helper. I loved what he said when he threw the ball....=]

    Glad you are able to have a little fun and enjoy your nice day. Thanks for sharing! Larry is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments on Larry, his temperment is just perfect for Lane even though his size is a bit to big. Laid back and is very respectful of the little guy.

    For all you guys that have kids USE THEM to help you push yourself beyond that comfort area!! Ha ha ha. They are great tools for desitizing. They come up with things that you wouldn't have ever thought of and when they do some of the mobile objects they don't do them slow that is for sure! Larry got bopped in the nose with the hula hoop the first time and all the rattling in there was going a hundred miles an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Kids make things so much more fun! Way to make it a family activity!

    ReplyDelete