Thursday, April 21, 2011

All kinds of stuff :)

Well, where to start?  Well, first of all - thank you all for all the kind birthday wishes!  I did get out for a birthday ride with my honey, just the two of us and that was really lovely... of course these are conditioning rides, so somewhat faster than most people go LOL.
Here is a picture of us - I don't think I have shared this one here?  Sorry if it is a repeat :)
His horse isn't a Curly - but we are working on him :)


Let's see, I have been working with several horses - first one to talk about is our new mare *Divinity.  She is the other new horse that I got recently from Lisa Wytiaz in GA.  Here are a couple of pictures of us - thanks Anastasia!  I like the one with me holding her - the contrast of my hair and D's white is quite stark! LOL.  Since that day I put the tack on and lunged her and I think she is almost ready for us to ride - soooo exciting!  We are really looking forward to riding her :)  As I mentioned last time - her feet were a bit sore, so I was lucky to get my farrier to put shoes on her already - wow what a difference it has made - she is happy to move out and work!





So another thing that we were doing (Ana and I) was working with our chestnut mare *Flame - we thought we would give her a clipping, but Flame had other ideas LOL - she gave us a bit of a run around, but I see that Ana took a photo of me doing some desensitizing with the clippers - here we are:
Don't be fooled by her soft look - she didn't like them one bit! lol
Finally, Ana was out riding with us last weekend too - here is a picture of us at the lookout - gosh it was cold!  Will spring ever get here?!
Thanks again for all the birthday wishes and rides - that was really great :)
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

2 comments:

  1. Love your hair, Shelly! =] Stunning! Divinity is so gorgeous. Nice that you can get out for a ride even though it's cold. Hard to take this time of year!! Love our pics..thanks for sharing and inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new hair color, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete