Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More Challenges...

It was supposed to thunderstorm like crazy most of the day (it's still on it's way and could possibly even bring a tornado!) so I decided to head to the farm in the morning to get chores done and play with Linus. He was looking forward to it since he saw me coming with a wheelbarrow load of things!! We did the tarp alley, teeter totter, step over (again, I wasn't happy with the first one), the tractor tire and the barrel backing. I only got a few pictures because it was tricky to take some! Owen was on the hay wagon cheering on Linus. Every time he did something Owen would clap and cheer and go "YAY Linus" It was very cute. Good obstacle in its own really since he was on a noisy metal hay wagon!
Linus was a great boy today and I was very proud of his behaviour because Allie was making a big fuss without him there. We spent a very brief moment reminding him who to pay attention to and that was that, he was great from there. So great that I even played a few other games with him and had him coming to me and backing away from me in a straight line from the end of his lead! That was cool. I even got him to do that back and forth through the barrels. I wish I had more set up to do with him today since he was so into it!!
Owen is posing on our "step over" box. Linus will walk through something rather than step over it if he knows it will bend (like the pool noodles did) so this time he had to pick up all of his feet. He was a trooper and did a great job for such a big step.


Here he is walking through the barrels, he is obviously very disturbed by it! : )

Still no dress yet but we will get there. I will say that my original plan was to dress him up as a "curly Curly" but anything I tried to put together never would have held up in the wind we've been having. And that takes a lot of stuff to get enough "curls" to cover a horse!!
Good luck everyone in the last few days!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Owen, "YAY Linus"...love your cheering section. Be safe with those storms we can relate down here in Texas. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Owen is soo cute! Great that he is so involved with the training of Linus!

    ReplyDelete