Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another challenge done, but danged if I didn't have a camera!!

Well wished I had a camera today!! I was at the indoor arena again with my mare Rose and Garnet(getting her ready for riding again). When the owner was packing his things up for a clinic he was doing on Saturday for some people at their place. Well he was pulling a twin sized matress out and called to him" Hey Gerry you going to take a nap at the clinic" He then told me he was taking it for horses to cross over, and that it took a special technique to get er done... He asked me if I wanted to take my curly on over, said she'd probably jump right up(well I know he was very skeptical) so I said "well not sure she will jump right on, but I would try" so I took my wonderful sweet and beautiful Rose over, clucked and asked her to move forward onto it, so she took a step like nothing, when she felt the spring she moved back off with surprize. So I let her sniff, clucked and asked again, she stepped up hesitated, she looked like she want to come off in my direction so I told her no, she then sniffed, and I clucked and asked her to step up again, so she did, stopped, and I asked her to move off. She did so well and it was only a matter of seconds. I know he was expecting us to fail. He didn't say much for a bit then said, Well that was pretty good. So proud of my girl!! And for all the Help Misty has given me getting her here. And continuing to move forward. Whoop Whoop!!! Go Curly's!!! Sorry about no pics!!

1 comment:

  1. woohoo, that must had make you feel so proud! Great job, these hores do surprise me all the time.

    ReplyDelete