Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Shelly!

We braved the horrid weather today and did a little bit of groundwork. I don't have my notes with me so I don't think we have done any more challenges since I last posted but we have been out. Linus is still kind of paused with a few things while the adjustment to having a buddy goes on. This week has come along but there have been separation issues. He seems to settle if I stay with him but if I am not there and Dad takes Allie out he gets very wound up. Last weekend he did very well while tied and she was out but I was with him. Through the week I took him out and for the most part he was good leaving Allie behind. So I am starting to get really anxious to get back to our usual work. He had a big lesson in standing well while tied yesterday. He has gotten a bit like a teenage boy with his first girlfriend (after all, it's true!) but his manners are lurking there and he is getting better. But he's still the greatest!
I wish I had some before and after pictures yesterday. When I took him out he was grey! Even his tail that always looks good was muddy. There is a lot of clay in the ground here so when its dry it flakes off pretty easy but man he looked awful! By the time I was through he was back to his shiny self and looking good...I think Allie even winked at him! : )
If we get a break in the rain tomorrow I'm hoping to go for a walk with him or at least get some more obstacles done. His saddle is nice a shiny now too...wasn't much to do this afternoon in the pouring rain other than clean tack!

Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, ON Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment