Friday, April 8, 2011

Pictures!



Yesterday I had another riding lesson with Suri and now I have pictures:)

I started lunging again and she had deceided she was going to test me a bit! I am sure that horses can sense the fact that I had a night with hardly any sleep because my two boys were sick and that Suri thought this was the best time to test me and see if she could win;) But I stuck to my plan and I convinced her we were going to do things my way again:) I am glad her way of testing is just trying to go the other way and avoid any steering aids, all things I could still cope with even though I was tired. I think it is really important to be consitent now, especially in the beginning of our traing.

After the lunging I got on and rode Suri in walk and then also in trot. I got some really nice and smooth relaxed transitions to trot and I was really proud of her! I am glad I am taking some lessons because I have some faults that I have developed over the years when I was not taking any lessons, my seat is not as it should be (quite often my legs are too far forward and I am sitting as if I am sitting in a chair..) and I have the tendency to have my hands at uneven height. So I have some work to do in re-training myself!!

I am really enjoying the riding with Suri a lot, she is such a sweet, sweet horse and I am looking forward to learn and ride a lot more with her!

Here are some pictures of our riding.

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful rider, Jessica! And Suri looks so relaxed and happy...giving so nicely to the bit. (at least in my opinion! =]) What a wonderful team you make!

    ReplyDelete