Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun Filled Weekend

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post of us doing obstacles this time, my help was either gone or helping me do the obstacles or working. I decided it was Larry's turn to get out and do the obstacles that we did on the ground in the saddle. With things drying out it was difficult to find a water crossing but my husband told me there was a big one in the field yet by the manure pile. So we headed out...it was kinda funny when we got there it was like he wanted to tippy toe through it so we walked through it several times and then we walked over the big mound of poop :) Larry and I also did the tickle alley and it was a bit breezy so the noodles where all wiggly and it took several attemps from both direction to get him to pass through, but once we got through it, it was no big deal and we did it willingly and used it to go through every time we went and did another obstacle. Larry and I also did the drag obstacle, he was so funny about it, he was more scared of the rope than he was the barrel we were dragging. After standing for a few min on the ground letting him calm down to know that the rope wasn't going to eat him we walked through the yard me pulling the barrel, then I turned him around and backed him up while it was coming toward him. I then got in the saddle and drug the barrel both ways and he was like an old cow horse taking a calf to the fire, it was pretty cool! Yesterday was a cool, windy, drizzly day so it was a good day to go pick up Larry's new trail saddle. I brought the saddle with the stand in the house to sit in it and see how it felt and I got told "No Mommy, my saddle!" So I got out he pushed a chair up and climbed up into it and sat in it and I couldn't get him out, I even had to take it to the living room, with him still sitting on it, so we would watch the movie we rented! Oh well at least I know I have a little rider on my hands!


Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting...maybe a Curly pony is in order for Christmas??? :)
    Sounds like you and Larry are on a roll. RE: the rope, I think I am going to do Snake Alley with AhD this weekend.

    ReplyDelete