Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy birthday Shelly and New saddle

Happy Birthday Shelly, I had a great ride today on your birthday, I hope you also have a great day!! I had another lesson with Suri and we started by trying out a new saddle. I had been using an older saddle that I had on loan and now I put a brand new saddle on her so with the lunging she really reacted to the new saddle because it sounds new and a bit hollow especially in trot. Suri tried to run away from it and seemed to react really to it so I allready decided to maybe only ride on the lungeline and first see if I could get her to relax while lunging. I kept complimenting her when she relaxed and after a while she decided to accept it and all of a sudden was relaxed about it, also in the transitions to trot so then I got on for the riding. When I was on her back she did not react any different from the other times with the other saddle so I had a great lesson and also rode off of the lungeline and had some great transitions to trot. She really reacts great to only my seat. I wanted to make a transition from trot to walk only on my seat so I gave the message really clear and she came to a halt! She really listens very well with small aids which is great! The saddle was really comfertable so I decided this will be our saddle from now on and I bought it. It is officially an iceland saddle so it works great on horse with a short back, it has the broad cushions to make it distribute the weight and it has the really nice and comfortable seat for me, great for trail and distance riding:) I am very happy with it and will post a picture of it soon!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jessica!
    I am interested to see your new saddle as I have a few horses that also have short back, so do post a picture when you can.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hooo..good for you Jessica!

    FREEZING rain here! YUCK. Sorry Shelly we won't be able to get out at all here in Michigan for your Birthday! We wish you an amazing Birthday though and hope others in the warmer climate jump on board. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also very interested in seeing this saddle. Can't wait to see photo's. I have looked at the Icelandic saddles at the Equine Affaire and liked them.. they look extra comfy. Post photo's soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post a picture soon, I need to take my camera along again!

    ReplyDelete