Saturday, April 9, 2011

Obstacles!

We started the day with wind spinners. As you can see, Tygs didn't mind at all my silliness of him wearing them.





















Tygs wants to know what the big deal is about a raincoat. He wasn't fazed one bit. The picture below I actually put it inside of his halter and he promptly put his foot on it to pull it out. When I corrected him, he let it stay there.



















Found a corrogated plastic pipe in the garage. At this point, my husband commented that Tygs was looking pretty bored with all this silly stuff that Denise has come up with!



















The backpack, he nosed it right away, but when there wasn't anything good in there, I couldn't get a shot of it, so I put a treat in there to make it worth his while.













Pulling the tarp in front of Tygs, this was a hard shot to get since my hubby was pulling the tarp and trying to take a picture. Tygs did just fine with it.








This was our true challenge today, pulling milk jugs behind him. We had to work for this one, which I thought we would, because that's just scary for horses. We started with me pulling them beside him and once he was comfortable with that, then I put a saddle on him and tied them to the stirrup and had him pull them, then finally we moved the line up to the horn of the saddle.







You can see Tygs is pulling the jugs in front of the wind spinners here.




One thing that warmed my heart today was every time I left Tygs with my hubby and went to go get the next obstacle, Tygs just followed along. My husband commented on how he thinks he has to follow me everywhere. My husband also questioned me during this process today and wanted to know if all Curlys were this easy going? Can you help me out with that one? I know they're more easy going than most horses, but are all Curlys this easy?

3 comments:

  1. Janeen,
    I really think the connection you have with your horse is important to their being easy going. As a breed I feel Curlies are much more easy to work with than say hotter bloods such as Arabians but given the right trainer and the right connection they could be baby dolls too. So, I would say to your husband it's because you and Tygs definitely have the connection.
    All my Best,Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he certainly took all of this stuff in stride. Wow, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Janeen, Tygs is doing great with all the obstacles. You sure have a bond and he trusts you to introduce all these new things, great job. He looks so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete