Monday, April 25, 2011

Child helpers!

My nephew had a sleepover last night with my son so I took advantage of that today and had him help me and take some pictures! He loves to help with Linus. He is a bit nervous but works through it really well. He lives in the city and it does him so much good to play with Linus. He feels pretty special when he gets to help, quite rightly so too!
We did another step over challenge today, this time a bit higher. Not thinking, I brought out two pails we normally use for the cow's feed so naturally they were extra appealing to Linus! In the end I had to turn them upside down....until clever boy that he is, figured out how to flip them back over. He's funny and will walk over pool noodles on the ground like they are 2' high but when they are on the pails he tries to walk through them. That gave us something to work on!
I played a few tarp games with him which actually benefited Allie as well. She freaked at first seeing the tarp but when Linus didn't flinch she came around to watch.

The tarp was tied around his neck. You can see how bothered he is by it! Allie has an ear on me even though I am not focusing on her. She's a very willing horse....but not a Curly so on we go : )

I love this picture. I wish I had it from a couple of different angles. It really shows the Ben D'Or spot on his rump and to me just screams Sport Horse, Sport Horse, Sport Horse!!!

This was as close as Griffin would get to kissing a horse!! Watching Linus tuck his head between the gates is funny to watch but I really hope for safety sake he grows out of doing it...or grows out of being able to do it!

I was shaking the tarp and waving it around. Not a bother for him at all. I'm even wearing my RAC 2010 Tee!!



Chase the tarp game (err...challenge) was fun. Linus loves doing this and he even loves the sound it makes when he crunches it!
Dress up got pushed back a day because with the 2 youngsters around I didn't want to take any chances. If the weather holds tomorrow and that's a big IF, I will give it a go then.
Have fun everybody!!
Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, ON Canada

3 comments:

  1. that's sounds like so much fun having these kids to help you. Specialy when they feel so good about it!

    Linus is doing great, your are getting more and more done with him. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful to have kids as helpers, my two have helped out alot and have had alot of fun doing it too. Linus is such a character, and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the costume :) You two work really well together and he seems like quite the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definately see a sport horse in that picture too Donna, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete