Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday & Sunshine!

Easter Sunday and Sunshine Couldn't get out of the In-Laws fast enough to get home to ride and do more obstacles. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well! The whole family got into doing the obstacles and enjoyed the beautiful weather we had. Todays list was another full one: umbrella, platform, hulla hoop squeeze, decoy, boxes, and plastic alley. Again the key with this one was kids again, they would wiggle the pool noodles as we walked through, when I rode Marley my oldest rode his horse too and did the obstacles with me, I was so proud of him! Oh and he also set up tarp alley again, the tickle alley all right in a row for an extra hard challenge :) My decoy of the day was an old stuffed rabbit that I had (thought it fitting and all) but it kept moving on me! The picture to the right I didn't want to put on there but it was the only non-blurry one I had, but I look so unhappy and Marley looks freaked out when he really wasn't (look at the loose reins)Going through the boxes they would get kicked around which was good for them cause at first when they bumped them it startled them a bit, so me and my oldest almost made a game of it who can kick the box, we had a good time (works for flexing them too). Plastic alley I cut some shaving bags out the long way and used those to walk across laying old handles from rakes on each side to make the alley they had to walk through. This is one thing that I have worked really hard on is all the plastic things with the horses since I have had them. I think this mini challenge has been wonderful for my horses getting ready for our Mounted Posse evaluations and a clinic coming up. It has helped me to feel better prepared than I would have otherwise. In 3 weeks Marley and I will be heading up to Northern MN to participate in a 3-day State-wide Mounted posse training and I can't wait! Well be safe and have fun everyone! :) Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

2 comments:

  1. hihi that rabbit is so funny.

    What a adventure to go to that clinic, sounds like a lot of fun.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great obstacles, good idea to uses a stuffed rabbit as decoy! A three day traing sounds great but what is a mounted posse?

    ReplyDelete