Friday, April 1, 2011

March End Mane/Tail Event.....

 Today Sassy and I were rather laid back.  Between weather triggered headache *mine* and the snow blowing and slick footing *No no for Sassy*  I decided we were going to concentrate on "maintanance" activities. Sassy got her whole body grooming session. Even tho the temps are below freezing and snow is blowing....Sassy is blowing coat bigtime!!!! I used the shedding circles on her...and then the vaccuum on her...She tolerated it....a bit big eyed.....but no panic.  Hooves were cleaned and feathering was brushed and I used Denise's curly horse mane/trail treatement on the feathering. Sassy never batted an eyelash. I had her lift each hoof as she would for the ferrier.  I have found that she almost lifts her hind legs too high...LLLOLLL ..I ask her to lift...and she lifts them chest high!!!  Marion...I used the QUIT the one time in cross ties she pawed the ground.  She stopped and looked at me...but didnt offer to do it again!!!!  After using the curry combs on her while crossed tied...I soft brushed her. She really really enjoys that. I also wormed all my girls.  Once again....Sassy enclosed her lips around the syringe *just as she does the spikey ball* and wha la...she was wormed.   

Lil bit of wormer on her top lip




 I chose to do the mane/tail treatement with her free in her stall. By that time my camera had arrived....totally walked off and forgot  it. Anyyyyway....here are a few shots from that~~ Hope you guys are all warm and snow free...... 






Say hello to my Nosey Curlies Right Nostril...LOL
Curly Hugs from Krissy and Sassy in Ohio


~♥ Then God Created the Curly Horse ....and it was AWSOME ♥ ~

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Sassy's nose almost in the camera! So typical for a curly! I find myself often walking backwards while taking pictures because I am trying to keep enough distance between me and the horses!

    ReplyDelete