Wednesday, January 5, 2011
The ponies day off!
My ponies got today off so I figured I'd write about Monday and Tuesday.
Monday I wanted to work both Theo and Abby but ended up just riding Theo for a while. We did some good arena work and cantered over some ground poles for the first time! The best part was actually getting to ride outside though. It was a gorgeous day and two of the other boarders came with me down "The Water Way"... It's really just this strip of land between to fields. They were riding gaited horses so Theo had to work a little harder to keep up at a walk. He is a quick walker but no match for them.
This is us starting out.and me getting left behind.
Theo escorting Abby back to the hay.
Last night I just worked with Abby in the arena. A lady at the barn helped determine what gaits she was attempting to do. I did get her to foxtrot for a brief moment which made me so excited!
We are mostly working on fitness though since she has a pretty weak hind end.
Abby also got introduced to Abby for the first time. A boarder bought a mirror for the arena which was installed on Sunday. She just couldn't keep her eyes off herself; she wasn't afraid of it at all just wanted to stare at herself. It was cute and vain at the same time.
Until next time,
Theo, Abby, and Blaine
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- Amiable and Earnest
- Ok, finally found a computer that I was able to...
- Hoof Bridge and Western Trail Shows with Chester i...
- A little change for the Queen of Carts
- Spent a fabulous weekend out at the ranch riding. ...
- Extreme Cowboy Race
- To mix things up a bit my mom and I decided yeste...
- Good day!
- Back in the Bush!
- Not as good as yesterday
- Still too Cold
- Yesterday's lesson
- Deep Snow makes Tough Trails !
- Building trust and leadership...
- Grits and baby - the new BLM curly girl
- Moon and Murray
- First Post of 2011
- The Best Day
- Tygs is home!
- New things
- Did I get a new horse??? ; )
- My day "off"
- Extended trot :)
- Training and Fun
- Pictures of Kaycee and Seal
- Hello everyone, I just had to share Tonic's enlig...
- Havent been mutch blogging lately
- An introduction to my non-curled curlies...
- Ground Driving - finally!
- Something New
- Sunday's Glorious Ride!
- Still Cold, Still Riding
- Back Again
- What a good boy he is :)
- *Joe's Journey continues.....
- Curly promotion
- Time for Moon
- My mum wasen't the only one that went!
- Linus is a true Canadian
- Every day is a new day eh?
- Let me start by saying that for those of...
- When we finished in the arena, we went for a trai...
- I decided to try my hand at some balancing e...
- Join Susan and Didder in the Deep Maine Snow!
- More Good from Imagine a Horse
- Another Snow Day in New Hampshire
- : )
- A Real Surprise!
- 3 more days!!
- Back inside
- Pedestal training
- Oh it was ... slow
- Two weeks till I compete in the Extreme Cowboy Rac...
- Moose (Jackson) time
- A ride with my brother :)
- TOMORROW ... will be the day ...
- New girl in the herd - Jubliee's Golden Stetson's ...
- Sunday's Cold Ride to the Top with views
- The weather breaks at last
- *Flame On :)
- My Birthday Ride
- Received my RAC/Curly Horse Country Apparel
- Night and Day?
- A Brisk Late Afternoon Ride in Maine
- Saturday Snow Galumphing
- Don't try this at home! LOL
- Busy, Busy Day
- It takes two to tango
- 65 Degrees and Lots of Energy!
- Winter pictures in Norway
- A four horse day!
- Map of 2011 RAC Team
- A Close Call
- A close Call
- Sassy update :)
- Cold Season
- My Curly Mule is an Appy now
- Snowny Curls in Texas
- Murray, Murray, Murray ...
- A "Girls Only" Ride
- Learning to be brave
- Quiet Day
- Yodie's First Ride Since September
- Back in the saddle
- Target Training
- Joe - January 10, 2011
- Horsin' Around - Jan. 9th Edition!
- Ashley & Teke
- Rain, Rain, Go Away
- Curlies and the Chiropractor Sunday
- Curlies on RFDTV and radio program
- *Joe's Journey
- First ride of the year
- Sunny Winter day
- ▼ January (159)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)