Monday, February 7, 2011

Extreme Cowboy Race

Champagne and I had a great ride last night. It was the best ride I have ever had, Champagne could not have been better. I swear a switch flipped on as soon as we walked into that arena and she was ready to compete. Just before they started the event Craig Cameron changed the course on all the riders. Lucky me I am use to course changes thanks to my Fresno State Equestrian Team training. We had to ride through two panels that had trash littering the ground, pull a large truck tire around two straw bales, throw horse shoes at a cone, ground tie on a blue trap and move two straw bales, do 2 spins in both directions, wrap a rope around a barrel, jump 3 jumps, pick up and carry a injured calf (a 40 lb. calf head attached to a black trash bag wrapped with something to make is heavy in it), do 4 roll backs and go through a gate that was made up of a ground pole on top of 2 barrels. I was such a blast. We were the only none quarter horse group riding and the crowd loved my little curly horse. While we waited for the placing results we mingled with the crowd and everyone wanted to touch her and I answered about hundred questions. My picture did not come out very well. I have video of my 2 ride but have miss placed it on my way home. I will post it as soon as I can find it.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot to do and a lot to remember!! It is clearly something you have to work long and hard at to be fast and good. I assume being one of the fastest is part of the judging?
    Thanks for the description, since I'd never heard of it before!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch ecr on rfdtv with Craig Cameron and loved it, I hope he shows your ride on rfdtv!!! Great job taking on those quarter horses!!! Looking forward to your video,
    winding winds
    Dian, Jeffry and Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED! I could not believe the list of activities you accomplished with Champagne. What a fantastic all around horse you have there. Good for you for answering questions and being a great promoter, as well as such a fabulous athelete. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great accomplishment with Champagne! I did not know what the Extreme Cowboy Race was (I had never heard it before) but it sounds great as you describe it, really veritale with losts of different elements! I wish we had something like it over here in the Netherlands! I would love to train for such an event! Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, It was awesome being able to watch you and Champagne compete!!!!! I wish I could have been there for the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAUWWWWIE what a accomplishment. I can’t wait to see the video. This is so great, and tjeee there is a lot you needed to do. I use to watch it on YouTube when I lived in the Netherlands.
    Ps Jessica there is a thing like extreme cowboy race and also TREC which is a little like it, google it and you will find the Dutch group it is a lot of fun I competed once with Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! We are telling everyone in Oklahoma about your adventures. Most have seen Extreme Cowboy at Equifest in Kansas and we KNOW what an honor it is to be included. Thank you for wonderful promotion of our curlies!

    ReplyDelete