Monday, February 7, 2011

Ringo and company!!

Ringo and I started our Sunday working cattle on the dairy. After we finished working the cows, the dogs wanted a ride on their favorite curly horse!! I dropped the dogs off at the house and we loaded up and headed down to Horsemen's. Ringo and I will be doing Cowboy shooting this year and the first clinic is on the 19th of this month. Neck reining is a must for this activity, which is why we have been working so hard on it the past few sessions. With this in mind Ringo and I headed into the roping arena for some more practice and he did very well, I think we will be ready by the 19th.

After the arena work we went for a trail ride with a fellow member named Jackie. On the ride, Jackie was asking all about the curlies and kept commenting on Ringo's calmness every time we encountered bike riders or joggers with the occasional dog walker thrown in for good measure. Her horse was dancing and bouncing every time we encountered one of these obstacles. Ringo made me proud like always!

When we got back from our trail ride, Lisa was playing with the "slow kid" this is a little plastic boy that reminds drivers to slow down on the grounds and most horses balk at the kid. Well when I saw that Lisa and Kaycee could give the kid a ride, I knew the kid would rather be on a curled curly!! For those of you who do not know Lisa and I, we have this friendly little competition going between us, lol. I will say, and I know she will as well, it is this competition that keeps us coming up with new, sometimes silly things to do with our wonderful curly horses!!

The big blue tarp is a favorite of ours, I hadn't really worked with the tarp and Ringo in some time so we revisited the flying tarp and Ringo acted like it wasn't there

I was having a hard time picking up the tarp.... and then I realized that Kaycee was standing on it!! When she stepped off of it, I pulled it all the way up to Ringo and he just stood there. It was a good day and Ringo did a great job~

6 comments:

  1. Now that I've seen yours-- I need to get a "slow" person.. I love that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ringo is a lovely boy! What a nice, steady Eddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt, Paul!! And what a good boy Ringo is to put up with all your shenanigans! I love how you and Lisa have a healthy competition going...looks like you are having a ball. The tarp exercises were awesome!! I did that with Reese the other day and couldn't get him past the walk because he was so interested in what that noise was..he would want to stop and chew on it. Our other gelding was freaked about it. LoL. So I know what it takes to do all of this with your horses...and your boy really is impressive! Thanks for sharing...please keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, I love what you are doing with your gorgeous!!! Ringo, but I don't think I should talk to you because there is grass in the background of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like Kaycee Ringo is also so brave with the blue tarp. Love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, Now Susan - we need to make him jealous of us getting to play in the SNOW!!! LOVE your tarp work with Ringo - that is one unflappable looking fellow.

    ReplyDelete