Thursday, February 10, 2011

*Kobee is back to work and *Joey is Mr. Wonderful :)

Well, here he is, *Magic Kobee
*Kobee is sired by my stallion *Sandman's Magic and his dam is my beloved, deceased mare s/c Curly mare Amazing Grace (aka Gracie).  *Kobee was the first foal from Gracie and in fact was the first foal from *Sandman born here at my farm.  *Kobee was sold in utero to a very good friend of my daughter Anastasia and she has owned him ever since - I started him under saddle when he was three and he is almost eight now!  Anyhow, his young owner did a lot of trail riding on him and then went away to university and left him here with me.  We put some time on him last summer and now she needs to sell him, which is why "I" am now working with him!!  The last time he was ridden I think was last August and so I brought him out today and lunged him first - he is rusty of course!  But after about 20 minutes he settled down and worked pretty good.  I then got on him and rode him for about 45 minutes - he was AWESOME.  I have someone coming to look at him tomorrow, but now I don't want to sell him - this is a VERY VERY nice horse.  So, shameless plug - *Kobee is for sale and he is a piece of his mom for sure - AMAZING.
Here are the pictures - some were taken with the self timer LOL - so I am a bit further away then I wanted to be LOL.  I am sure that Anastasia will help me this weekend to get some better ones.  Pardon the bulk - he is a bit fat LOL







So after that I went to get *Joey out - I haven't ridden him since January 28th and so I was wondering how he would be.  As a horse's training progresses, I find that sometimes it is better to not work with them for a while and then when I do they have "thought" about it and actually improved.  *Joe has not been at this point up until now - each time I left him for more than a few days he was regressing BUT not this time!  He was really wonderful and he went really well for me.  He was relaxing and lifting his back better than ever before - this is a huge thing for him and with the time in between and him coming back to work in such a good frame of mind I think I can now safely call him a riding horse! Yippee!
Here he is when I went to get him - such a keener :)

Shelly in Summerland
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your cold is better and that you have the opportunity to ride a horse who is a piece of your Grace! Good news all around, especially that Joe has settled into accepting his job as a riding horse.
    You have such a beautiful place there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Kobee look great, the views are also lovely. I am sure the person coming to see him will love Kobee too. It must be hard indeed to sell him if he reminds you of your mare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shelly what precious pictures! I can imagine how reminded you feel. Kobee is a very special horse! Joey is such a lovely boy :) Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete