Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm a delinquent blogger! 01-16-11

I tried to do this once before shortly after our ride, but somehow I ran into trouble uploading my videos and my system had some sort of a hiccup... so what I did manage to create never got completed and posted, and it never even showed up as a draft. I was aggravated that I had used our new video camera and everything, only to have it not be anywhere near as easy as everyone else makes it look!! Of course, since my life is SO under control, I did not get right back to it! So I will briefly say that Dream and I rode way back on Jan. 16th. I have been having to time rides between the blizzards, and on days when my fingers won't freeze too badly! I seriously wonder how some of you manage to get such nice shot with gloves on, etc...

I find it challenging to manage the slim little HD video camera with gloves on, get a smooth picture that doesn't bounce all around, since the thing is so small that I can barely hang onto it in my gloved hand, and not sound totally stupid in my commentary!
(THAT is really that biggest challenge.) If I would take some time to really learn the editing features it would be going smoother. I'm forced to use this camera right now though because our ancient Canon digital still camera DIED!

I have the utmost admiration for all of you guys who ride, edit and post pictures and video to the blog all in the same day!
Laurie and Dream, in Maine

6 comments:

  1. I love your voice, Laurie! =] You did a great job and it's fun to see the area where you live. I agree...videoing this time of year IS challenging! I think we all need helmet cams. =] Thanks for posting...GREAT to hear from you and see your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie~You had very pretty footage!! I think you did a great job~ Stick with it and it will get easier!! Happy riding to you an Dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are getting out Laurie !! It's a challenge this year for sure with the crazy temperatures and outrageous snowfall. Dream's a good girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What BEAUTIFUL scenery...and I have been there and on that old county road with you. How nice to see it on video. I also thought it was quite artistic how you and Dream showed up in shadow when panning to the right; it was just like I was there. Now listen, you have to come to my house and ride my familiar trails when the snowbanks disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Denise, you would not believe how calm and understanding Laurie is with Dream, you can tell in her voice and demeanor how connected they are. It is touching to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgous! I can't find my riding gloves:( but I always take them off for pics and vid. We should invent gloves for horse riding and tech stuff!

    ReplyDelete