Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Round penning Tonic

After I put Ringo up, Tonic and I went to the round pen to continue working on our long line skills, (mine more than his), we both did well and I was being more clear in what I was asking Tonic to do.

I was much better at getting him to change direction and pick up to a trot

We moved on to flexing, he did great, without any pressure on the line, Tonic would bend his nose all the way to his rib cage. My hand in the picture is not turning or holding his head, I was rubbing his nose and praising him.


Tonic loves his hugs, even with his head bent around. After the flexing we took off the line and round penned with him loose, we both did great! He even went into the canter. That will be where we will start next time.

3 comments:

  1. Paul, I do those flexing exercises with my Curly boy, too. I can see that Tonic is a pro at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul,
    Thanks for sharing, we spend a lot of time in our round pen and once I start to focus, so I don't get dizzy, we make a lot of progress. Hey, I really like your round pen too. What is the material you used?
    Tonic is a very athletic and handsome boy.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Paul and you will be able to roman ride soon! LOL
    Ellen cheyenne, wy

    ReplyDelete