Monday, February 14, 2011

Great Weather

Just wanted to contribute to the GREAT RAC blog - Prairie and I managed to get together twice this weekend. The weather was almost in the 60s and the arena is dry. We're having a great time playing with "how sensitive are you really?". I like to try to control her completely by just my seat - see how softly we can start and stop, transition, turn, etc. Nice and quiet and quite cerebral - then ponied the quarter horse out in the desert for a little bit.

Thanks, Denise, for this format and all the inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. Great you got to ride this weekend - sounds like spring is coming to your neck of the woods - I think ours will be here very soon too - yahoo!
    Shelly, Summerland, BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Theresa! I love those quiet interactions when we communicate with body language too. What do you have for weather in your 'desert" neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Susan - communication through body language makes you feel so connected to each other and really partnered with your horse. Nice!

    ReplyDelete