Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Recap

Sassy Valentines Day Snuggles *laying horizontal along her midline*
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day...Monday, Sassy and I spent a fun day of grooming .....review of the more simple target training lessons .... and me on her bareback and she enjoyed her vday horsey 'cookie' treat. One of my Vday gifts was a pair of  I-Kam glasses/car charger....They are really cool. I love being able to record and NOT have to have it in my hand.  NOW to learn how to use them so I get what I want in the frame....and I dont make everyone watching have motion sickness~~~LLOLL The learning curve on learning to wear them is now underway!!! I had NO idea I moved my head as much as I do as I spoke...  Below are a couple of exercises we have worked on this week.  First video is the bag of "scary" metal sounds from the outside of her stall while she is having her dinner!!! Im really proud of her for becoming VERY aware....but not freaking out!!!!  In the last video she lifts her leg twice at verbal request (Our personal little goal for January) touch the target between her legs....hi and low ...... FYI (reward/treat for Sassy in these are baby carrots.....food is not always used....but is a wonderful motivator for Sassy.I know there are schools of theory about the use of treats, however I go by the individual horse when deciding on the use as food as the reward)  Have a wonderful Thursday Curly Nation!!
Below:  Desensitization from outside the stall.... with the garbage bag full of scary metal sounds

Below:  Sorry this is Darkish side....The light in her stall is  not bright enough for the camera.. Im going to have to be aware that for the camera I need to be a little further from my subject.......LEARNINGGGGG for me and Sassy :)))))


Curly Hugglezz from Sassy and Krissy in Ohio

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your rides through your helmet cam !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krissy, I like the idea of this kind of camera! The second film seems a bit dark (or is it my computer??) the first one is cute, I like how she tries to have her whole head through the opening of her stall:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan!!! I cant wait til Sassy is off restricted movement for that hock!!! Im really having to work to figure out how my head needs to be for the glasses to get the shot....LLLOLL

    Jessica it is sooo cool to have your hands free!!! The second one was in her stall and the light in there is not bright enough for after dark shots!! LLLOLLL She is such a character!!!

    ReplyDelete