Monday, February 21, 2011

Practicing Some New Things

~ Susan 'N Prince Didder in Maine ~
My niece could not come over for a ride on Sunday, so Didder and I made lemonade out of lemons by taking a turn up Back Street solo to enjoy the BRISK fresh air and work on our gaiting. We are a definitely a work in progress, but we are getting there, and BOY OH BOY am I ever having fun on the way! :) I find it to be a blast to teach Didder this something new, because he is such a curious and willing “left brain extrovert” kind of guy, and this gets his mind working and his feet moving.

During this learning process, as he would get frustrated, he would express that to me by shaking his head, but I would say, “You can do it, buddy!” I made sure he had plenty of rein so he would not feel confined but rather free to express himself. All the time, though, his ears were telling me that he was not feeling sour, and he would try, try again!

3 comments:

  1. Yes Susan, sometimes we need to get a LITTLE beyond the point, so they learn and trust they can! Love your videos. Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the profile shot!!!!!! Sounds as though the two of you are having a blast. Didder is a character with attitude....what fun! I so want to see these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan!!! LOVE the shadow pic of you and Prince Didder!!!!! I have taken several with each of my mares!!!! I think it is soooo cool to see yourself and your equine bff as one!!!! You guys look great!!!

    ReplyDelete