Saturday, February 26, 2011

Out for a walk

Today I had a nice walk with Voelie in the area. The owner of the Shetland pony was going for a walk so I took Voelie out and went along. At first she was a bit nervous but she quickly settled down. We walked along the road, through the park and then trough and around a block of houses. We had a great exercise because we encounterd all kinds of footing (gras, sand, asphalt, cobblestones etc) and there were zebra stripes on the road. We met people out walking their dogs and people in cars and on bikes. I let Voelie graze a bit in the park (there is hardly any grass in the field so she was happy about this!) and the idea of having a bite to eat along the way seemed to make her even more calm and happy! She was really enjoying herself and we had a great walk. When I put her back in the field she was ready to come back out and do it all over again. The only part she still did not like to much was puting the halter on before we got started but this is getting a bit better again!

5 comments:

  1. Aha! So, she IS doing better and was less scared today. Glad you have that Shetland Pony for company. Voelie mus like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is going better every day. What kind of halter are you using? Maybe if you use a rope halter and put it on the parelli way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going better now Jessica. I hope it keeps improving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Jessica and Voelie!! What fun to have a nice long, relaxing walk full of all kinds of experiences to not be afraid of. A very positive experience to build on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody. I was a really good day! I am indeed really glad to have that Shetland pony as company on my walks with Voelie!
    I use a regular halter on Voelie. I don't know what is putting a halter on the parelli way, I will look it up!
    I think it's great that Voelie is allready learning so many new things.

    ReplyDelete