Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Snow???? NOOOOOOOOOOO!


Another 6 to 12 inches of wet and heavy snow expected tomorrow ...... uggh!


At least I was able to get out again today. I rode to my friend Kristin's house today - 3+ miles down the road - we joined up and continued down her road for a while. Domingo, her gelding, had not been out for a while - so he was feeling his oats. Miss Demeanor was her wonderful self.

I've never met a horse who gets so excited about going out for a ride. When I bridle her -she basically pushes her head right into the bridle. This morning, I had to walk her down the hill and to the road - (too icy to ride safely) - when I stopped, she scooped her head between
the reins as if to say... "Come - on - let's go!" I love that about her.






Lakota has been a good boy - allowing mama and I to go out without fussing. He's been doing much better - I've been using some of the suggestions that were advised about his mouthiness -and he's improved (some) . He was great for the trimmer yesterday!


Think warm thoughts - let's melt the stuff - so we can actually get out on the trails!!

Deb

3 comments:

  1. I just love Lakota's markings! Linus sounds a lot like Deams with the eagerness to get out. He practically shoves his head into the halter too! Nice to hear your getting out so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few horses that are like that -- when it comes time to put on their bridles for their training sessions -- they reach out and try to suck the bit right into their mouths. Melt ?? I am a bit nervous about the mud season we might get -- so I do like spring but am fine with the firm ground for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have a horse who wants to go out for rides with you!
    What a lovely picture of Lakota! He is getting big!
    I hope your snow melts soon! I am also hoping for warmer weather. No snow here but it is still quite cold.

    ReplyDelete