Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pretty Voelie

Today it was nice and sunny so I took Voelie out and groomed her. Inspired by the earlier post of Rhythem beads I had made a necklace for Voelie. I had no bells so I just made it with the beads I had to try it out. It turned out to be a good practice for Voelie to put it over her head (scary!). The sound of the beads rattling together was also scary so we spent some time getting used to this. When she had it on it was fine and we did lots of walking, stopping and backing up. She looks so cute and pretty! We also did a little bit of trotting but she was not very enthousiastic about this. She was a bit more difficult to handle today, she was trying to be the boss and not listen so it was good that I took the time to work with her and get her listening again. I am glad the weather is getting so nice, it is lovely to be outside now.

Below are some pictures I made today.



Because the owner of the field was outside today I also got a picture taken of myself with Voelie.
Here's a closeup of her necklace, doesn't she look girly, pretty and cute:)
I promised in a previous post to add a picture of Voelies mane so here is a closeup of her mane, all lovely and Curly. I really think she has beautifull mane!

5 comments:

  1. Jessica, that mane IS gorgeous and I love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESS!!!!! Voelie looks AWSOME in her bling!!! Totally Diva!!! You did a great job on them!!!! She will get to the point she lowers her head for you to put them on her!! LLLOLLLL She is prissy like Sassy!!! It has finally warmed up here too!! You guys are adorable together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures Jessica!! Her mane is really nice, almost blends right into her coat! Good job reminding her who is the leader of your duo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really does have a nice mane :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty girl and then putting a little bling on her was really cute too. I would like to make one of these to and try them on Marley to maybe help on our rhythm as well.

    ReplyDelete