Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wind and my Curly Girl


Got a lil windburned today

Helllllooooooooooo Curly World!!! Sassy and I are up to our curls in MUD!!!! Which makes footing even more worrisome as we are still on restricted movement (until at least March when she goes back to have it checked) because of her back hock!!!
What I chose to do today was more Anti spooky training outside the stable.  We are having majorly noisy wind gusts and I had a container of sawdust delivered today.....So as the wind was blowing....and the big diesel truck with its air brakes made noise...the back beeper was sounding.... the container was dropped ....Sassy and I stood close by. 

Sassy was highly attentive to her surroundings. She did very well with the sound of the truck....and the backing alert.  Head went high on the air brake....and the dropping of the container.  I used my clicker ....and she settled nicely...but eyes were wide and nostrils were tense.  T-touch to the mouth and she visibly relaxed. 

Here is something that I found quite interesting....Sassy was more nervous about the change in the look of the container than she was about the wind or the whole delivery process. It is taller and longer than the one we have had.  It is a slightly deeper shade in color. She investigated with encouragement.....and as with the bag of  cans the other day...I would reinforce when she made a great decision....and encourage when the head went high or her feet became busy! 

Everyone say a prayer as her hock continues to heal....Still some swelling on the inside of the hock.... and she is being a total trooper!!!!

~and then God Created the Curly Horse ....and it was AWSOME ♥ ~

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice picture of you and Sassy again. I just love her colour, it looks almost blueish in the picture, so special!
    I hope her hock heels soon so she will be able to use it well again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry to hear abouth the hock! Hope she is better soon! I love how you manage to calm her down by clicker ... have to check this out as well!

    ReplyDelete