Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sassy and snow days


Shipping boots

We had a Thunder Snowstorm here on Monday....Sassy and I are keeping ourselves busy in all this "Galumping" weather and its yucky footing  with reinforcing target training...developing a comfort level with wearing shipping boots....reinforcing calm reaction to new (different sawdust container delivered Saturday) or loud objects (horsey blowdryer/ vaccuum in her stall  and trash bag full of cans).  The horses got to go out yesterday for a little while.....(Sassy was a bit exhuberant..but I I knew she needed some turnout) but not today.. Sassy was crowding her stall door waiting. So, we added some stall door manners to our work list.  I went back out the stall door....closed it ....opened it to her curly little face /muzzle...and asked her to back....as soon as she did..I clicked/rewarded...and  we repeated ...after just a couple of times she was backing as I was opening the door.  She did well with the shipping boots for the most part.  With the injured right leg she was lifting it and kinda holding in there before she would take a step.  She did very well with putting them on and taking them off. YAYYYYYYYYY
Sassy and I had a very good day today even if the weather and footing was in the "Ewwww" catagory!!!! 
Checking out the bottom

Checking out the top
 Yesterday  I also put up my turtle nose crossties and I played with the I-kam glasses and took some still shots...wills share when I figure out how to  do the link :)




Happy Heart makes for happy hooves

Finally found some turtle nose safety cross ties in PINK

~and then God Created the Curly Horse ....and it was AWSOME ♥ ~
Hugs from Sassy and Krissy in  Rainy Slippery Ohio

2 comments:

  1. I always get a giggle out of it when we put shipping boots or leg wraps on our horses legs for the first time the way they walk and or move is kinda comical. Glad she got some much needed turn out time, it looked like she enjoyed every minuete of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is enjoying her self outside! Lovely pictures of her! Hope your weather improves soon for more time outside!

    ReplyDelete