Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ring Riding

Hello all!

My mother finally handed over the pictures from our ride today, so now I can post! (I think she is trying to sabotage my blogging points!!! LOL) Anyways, I have been riding every day since I've been home. Well, except for Tuesday because I was doing genetics homework and writing a review paper!

So today I had a great ride on Bijou. We, my mum and I, went over to my neighbors indoor riding arena and I rode Bijou for about an hour and a half. It was the first time this year that I was really able to work Bijou, and she was AWESOME!!! Of course I had my amazing coach helping me (thanks mum) so we did even better than we would have alone. Since I have done the majority of the riding on Bijou I am very pleased that she is going so well. All my hard work is paying off! Note that I am still working on my position, with the help of my mum. I have a plan to work on these things in particular this year: shoulders back, chest out, toes in, and RELAX!

Here are a couple of pictures from the ride today. Notice in the first picture the reach of her front leg!!! I also find it interesting in the 2nd and 3rd picture the difference in both horse and rider. Notice in the 2nd picture my body language, shoulders forward, looking down. Bijou looks the same. BUT, in the 3rd picture, shoulders up, looking forward and Bijou is so much better!!!! Such an improvement! The fourth picture is to show the reach of Bijou's hind leg in the canter!!! And the last picture is for my mum. See mum, my butt is in the saddle!! (you can see in the other canter picture there is air between the saddle and my butt...I'm working on it!)




Thanks for reading everyone!
Anastasia
Summerland, British Columbia
Canada

4 comments:

  1. Anastasia -- I think Zoe may sometimes feel that way too -- about hogging the blog points :) -- Some days I take photo's of her and forget to send them over by e-mail. You'll see when I get around to posting, I have been working in the ring so I hope my results with Keri are as good as yours with Bijou... I love that mare by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting the seris of pictures was really awesome to see how you are improving. Keep working and it will come, Good Luck! That is a really beautiful indoor too, you are so lucky to have something to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I love the descriptions to go with the pictures so I can read about what I am seeing. Bijou does have an amazing reach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see pictures of Bijou, she is so pretty! You can indeed see the difference in the pictures where you are looking forward and Bijou looks better too! It's nice to be able to illustrate your story with pictures. I can imagine it also helps you with your training to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete