Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sleigh and Cutter Parade 2011

I wanted to wait until I found someone that was at the parade that had some pictures of us in the parade but these will do for now and if I do come across them I will definately post them! Being I am a really big dork and forgot BOTH of my cameras at home! On Sunday Marley and I participated in the 60th Annual Sleigh and Cutter Parade down in Waseca MN. You can look them up online and look at all the years past pictures. It is all horses, ponies, or mules. I thought it would be a good learning experience to get Marley exposed to this type of setting. As you can see from this first picture up on top we where really nervous and we did alot of circling to calm down. Marley wasn't fond of any of the wagons or the carts going by him but as time went on he relaxed. On the parade route he was an absolute angel, couldn't have expected anything more. There is a curly horse farm in Waseca Twisted Oak Farms and I was hoping to see a few more curly horses in the parade, but I did get to meet the mother of the owners of the farm there though. Oh where there comments about Marley, how different he was, what he was, etc. That day was the day of all days to promote our wonderful breed. They are in their full coats so you can see the curls and waves. I invited several folks to come and pet Marley and in touching him the questions came. He was such a ham with the people that I just had to laugh. Every time someone came to pet him and then walk away he would follow them or stand right next to them wanting more, and they gave it to him. I made those valentines day cookie horse treats that Denise had posted the recipe for and had put one in each of the feed buckets and had them lined up on the ground to dump in each of the stalls and one of my cats ate the ENTIRE horse treat! Thank goodness that recipe made more than just a few, so I had extra. But the horses loved their treats yesterday even though there was no riding. I am hoping to get out tonight before the weather turns cold again. Happy B-Lated Valentines Day Everyone!!!

Dana, Marley & Larry Minnesota

9 comments:

  1. Great way to promote our wonderful Curlies. What a handsome fella Marley is and you two are a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my kind of parade :-) Now if you threw candy not much could top it! Were the roads dry for the parade? How many horses were there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marley looks great. What a great way to promote the breed. So nice that people were able to pet Marley and see and feel his coat. I agree with you that winter is a good time to show Curlies because you can really see their curly coat. Over here most of the parades and show are in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the parades we have here too are also in the summer time, we have a few in winter, but only one we go to like this one! There where several units in the parade, we where number 5. I know they said they had a very large turn out because of the nice weather. No candy on the parade sorry :( But we had cake and goodies afterwards though! I was just really happy to be able to have a great opportunity to share our beloved horses with other horse lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did a few parades and the one thing the Curlies hated was-- they had a street sweeper following all the groups of horses.. kind of close :) Good for you -- glad it went so well. You look very pleased !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marley is so handsome! I bet you had a lot of people impressed with him. Glad you had such a good time! Hey, what's the matter, can't you control your CATS? :) (if you figure out how, please let me know)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome job on the parade!! Marley looks like he took it all in stride. Linus does the same thing if someone pets him...tries to follow them for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, you and Marley look amazing together!!!! Awsome Job!!! Dont you love the magic look on people's faces as they touch our beloved curls??!! I have to say my all time favorite question that I have been asked is if I curl her hair for it to look like that....LLOLLL Hope it is warming up for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dana, I am sure Janice and Naomi would share their pics of you that they took on fb. You can just download them from there if they dont' mind. They got some nice shots!

    ReplyDelete