Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lunch Date

With 2 hours for a lunch break and a gorgeous, warm and sunny day it didn't take me long to figure out what I wanted to do today! I shot home and had a quick bite to eat and then headed over to the farm to squeeze in some time with Linus. When I got there Dad was about to change the ear tags of some stockers so I helped him do that first. We're a pretty efficient team! Once that was all done I gave the heavily shedding Linus a quick brushing and then we set out for a walk. Today we worked again on our commands and kind of like Janeen and Tygs, we started out good and then Linus got frisky at being out on the road again! So he then got to do lots of "whoas" and "backups". We didn't have a whole lot of time but it was so nice to be out on a nice sunny day with him.
I noticed more white hairs than last year on his rump with the shedding too so maybe as he gets older he will get some scattered roan patches?? There is definitely loads of colour variety in his family!
I keep forgetting to mention that on Valentine's Day we received our ribbons and vest from the 2010 RAC. I promise once the weather cooperates I will post some pictures!

Not our best picture but he could have at least woke up for it!

Such a handsome boy!



Making sure the road still smells the same

5 comments:

  1. Hi Donna!! Both you and Linus are looking great. That sleepy look is so curly! LOL. How nice that you took the time to run out to the farm to be with Linus on your extended lunch. A relaxing good time for both of you. I think with spring (almost) in the air everyone is feeling a bit frisky, happy to be soaking up some rays and catching all the fresh smells in the air (and on the ground!:~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last pictuer of Linus, he looks great! Nice way to spend your luch break with your horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna -- that that last photo of him sniffing the road really shows how stupendous he looks now.. wow -- you can tell he gets a lot of grooming and love !! He's looking GOOD !!! what a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy is right, Donna, he looks so awesome! I will be a lucky lady if Moon and Lucy's next foal is half as nice as Linus! PS - tagging stocker? Does this mean a certain heifer will be having a bad day soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! He definitely does get a lot of grooming - but I love grooming! I would happily do it all day long!

    ReplyDelete